Friday, July 9, 2010

Chai Cookies

We have been on 2 kicks lately... chai and lemons.  Ooh! Maybe I should make something chai-lemon... okay, can you tell it's late?  That will be for another post... look forward to LEMON posts in the near future and maybe the addition of a chai-lemon something.  I bet you can't wait.

Back to THIS recipe.

I made a batch of my homemade chai mix recently (adapted from this allrecipes contribution).  Needless to say, we've been drinking blended chai's every night of the 100 degree summer weather!  As I was sipping on my favorite drink after a hard day, I got the ambitious idea to put my drink into cookie dough.  THESE are the result!  I did use inspiration and guidance from allrecipes on this one as well... enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. chai tea mix
2/3 c. white sugar
1 egg
1 T. vanilla
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Directions:

Blend together butter, chai mix and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add in egg and vanilla and beat well.  Throw in the dry ingredients (if using a kitchenaid, if not sift together first), and mix well.  If you do not have a cookie dough scooper, I recommend popping it in the freezer for about 20 minutes so it will be easier to work with.  Otherwise, drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

0 comments: