Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bacon Quiche Tartlets


It was brunch week at our house. Also, muffin week.  Brunch because bacon is delicious; muffin because my new pampered chef tins are my current obsession.  Make these. Eat them. Don't judge me for using store bought crescent rolls.

Ingredients:

6 oz. cream cheese, softened
5 tsp. milk
2 eggs
1/2 c. shredded Colby cheese
2 T. chopped green pepper
1 T. finely chopped onion
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

*I did TRIPLE this recipe to make 24 tarts, but that was because I needed them for a party... you can make however many you'll eat (which will probably be all 24).

Directions:

1.  In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.  Add the eggs, cheese, green pepper and onion; mix well.

2. Separate dough into eight triangles; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.  Sprinkle half of the bacon into cups.  Pour egg mixture over bacon; top with remaining bacon.

3.  Bake uncovered at 375 for 18-22 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.  Serve warm.


2 comments:

LADY MAYULI SERRANO said...

Is this a good make ahead breakfast? I want to make it the day before to heat up next day in the morning

Mikaela said...

Yes! I made these several days before the big party, stuck them in the freezer, and the re-heated in the oven. Hope this helps!