Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Daddy's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have made many-a-cookies in my 23 years.  Of course there has been a variety of textures, tastes, and turnouts... but never a point where I open the oven and think "What is happening in there?".  That is, until last night.  And after the observations from last night, I realize just how amazing my Daddy's cookie recipe actually is.  No questions asked, these cookies survived an on-fire oven (flames and all), both under- and over-cookage, and ridiculously terrible consistency.  Not only did they survive, but they were delicious and consumed quickly!  Hands-down, this is my favorite cookie recipe.  I recommend you try it and I wish you better luck than my last attempt!

Ingredients:
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. oatmeal
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar, packed
3/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Sift together flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.  Beat butter and sugars until fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, then stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.

0 comments: