Saturday, November 12, 2011

Obsession

I have an obsession with cinnamon rolls.

Sweet dough, slightly undercooked.
Brown sugar and cinnamon.
Butter. Lots of butter.
Cream cheese frosting.

Who wouldn't be obsessed?

Granted, I think I can blame the obsession on my husband who's answer to "What do you want for breakfast" is always... you guessed it, "Cinnamon Rolls".  Every holiday, birthday, special day is celebrated with cinnamon roll indulgence.

If you don't believe that I'm obsessed, just look at how many recipes I've posted for cinnamon rolls:
Grandma Johnson's
Test Kitchen
Apple Dumpling Version
Mary's
Pioneer Woman's

I've also made cappuccino cinnamon rolls, but can't seem to find the recipe on the blog. There's one to post!

All that to say, I've found a new recipe to try... it combines cinnamon rolls with my other fall obsession: pumpkin.  It donned on me yesterday that it's mid-November, Halloween has passed, and I have yet to make ANY pumpkin recipes!  That changed quickly; 4 cans of pumpkin puree later, and plans to make my own in the near future, there are 2 loaves of pumpkin bread filling my house with its spicy aroma.  Pumpkin scones are next on the agenda, then these:


Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls.  Welcome, autumn flavors!!

Check out this recipe and let me know if you try it!

http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2010/09/pumpkin-cinnamon-rolls.html



0 comments: