Friday, December 16, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Cake

Yes, I found this on Pinterest. And yes, I will repin this on Pinterest. I love Pinterest. I love this cake even more!


My brother loves cinnamon rolls, and as often as he'd love for me to make them, I just don't have the time.  So, this year for his birthday, I decided to try out this Pinterest recipe that combined Cinnamon Roll and Cake.  He (and all his co-workers) LOVED it.  He said, "How did you do this?! It's a cinnamon roll, but its cake! It's perfect!" He almost didn't share, but it's a good thing he did considering how much butter there is in this! (Oh well, can't live with it, can't live without it!)


Ingredients:
Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. white sugar (I used a little less)
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter softened,
1 c. brown sugar
2 T. flour
1 T. cinnamon

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
5 T. milk

Directions:

For the cake, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.  Whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla, then add to the flour mixture.  Slowly stir in the melted butter.  Spread evenly in a greased 9x13 pan.  For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined (I used my food processor).  Drop evenly over the batter and "swirl" with a knife.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.

For the glaze, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.  Drizzle over the cake while warm.


0 comments: