Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hello?

Well, hello. Let me re-introduce myself. My name is Mikaela, and I'm that girl that used to share delicious, aboriginal recipes with you. That girl who used to be dedicated to the art of cooking and writing and used to narrate my kitchen adventures to you once upon a time.  Remember me?

That same girl, me, apologizes profusely if you are a regular bloggower (Blog follower - just made that up!).  Granted, I think I'm flattering myself a little too much to think I actually have "regulars". At any rate, I still am sorry for neglecting this simple little cooking journal for so very long.  And as a symbol of my remorse, please enjoy my favorite flowers:


Okay, okay, I know that's a weak apology. To embellish it a bit, I have many great excuses as to why I've been MIA for the last two months... ready?

1. The sun was shining.
2. My car exploded.
3. Mom and Dad are fantastic cooks.
4. Mac is a really busy genius.
5. All my energy is magnetized to my adorable pseudo-nephew.

No good? Ah, well, at least they're all true. Stories for a different day on a different blog, I suppose.

Confession: I went two months without making a real meal.

Also true.

The truth is, I've just been busy. So there.

So, to make up for it get ready for a bundle of recipes coming your way.  I mean it. Soups, breads, cookies, and the motherload of freezer-meal posts! Here's what you have to look forward to (in no particular order):
  • Quinoa with Corn and Pecans
  • Roasted Salmon, Grape Tomatoes, and Leeks with Sparkling Wine Sauce
  • Turkey Meatball Chili
  • Meatier Meatloaf
  • Herbed Spaghetti Squash
  • Pull-apart Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bread
  • Chai Cookies with Pumpkin Kisses
Stay tuned!


0 comments: