Sunday, May 9, 2010

Some New Favorite Things

This weekend we went to Seattle to spend some time with friends.  We didn't go to any hole-in-the-wall or fancy restaurants, but that's okay... instead, I left with a few more kitchen items to add to my arsenal!


1.  Cast-iron Skillet.
10 3/4", seasoned skillet made by Lodge Cookware for $19.95. I am very, VERY happy with this purchase from Sur La Table.  This store was incredible... I wanted to buy everything in it.  But we settled for this much-needed addition to my cookware.  Be looking for recipes that involve the use of my new baby!

2.  Soup Socks
The lovely Mrs. Wade introduced me to this concept.  I walked into her house Friday night welcomed by the homey aroma of chicken stock simmering.  Let's say I was more than enamored when I saw all the flavor makings in a neat little "sock" that can simply be picked up and thrown in the compost when the stock is done.  No more straining!  Also purchased from Sur La table, a pack of 3 for $2.95.



3. Silicone-Coated Whisk



Again, I had a heightened sense of envy when I saw this utensil in Mrs. Wade's kitchen!  Silicone-coated whisk from Crate & Barrel so that I can actually stir things are intended in my non-stick cookware without scratching the coating!  Thank you, Mrs. Wade for the someday-we'll-be-mother's day present. :)

4. Breakfast Bowl and Saucers
My favorite new kitchen, also courtesy of Mrs. Wade.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Mish! Two of these over-sized mugs and saucers in the reddish color are very happy in my cupboard and will be even more cheery with breakfast food in them!  

1 comments:

Mrs.Wade said...

yay! that makes me so happy!! :D