Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Marinated Veggie Salad

This was a salad served at the party last weekend, courtesy of the honored-guest's mother-in-law! Enjoy!

1 - 2 english cucumbers, sliced thin
1 container of seasoned mozzarella balls, drained, cut in half
1/2 purple onion thinly sliced
1 container grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 bunch of chives, chopped (or the green ends of small onions)
1 can black or burgundy olives, halved (or 1 can sliced black olives)
1/2 bunch asparagas, thinly sliced and blanched
1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
4 - 5 small red, yellow or orange peppers, sliced thin into rings
1 can hearts of palm, drained and sliced thin
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
1 cup Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing, or to taste.  I try not to make it too soupy.
 
Put everything in a large bowl and mix it up!  
 
The amounts of items can be increased or decreased depending on the number of people you want to serve.

3 comments:

Mrs.Wade said...

this sounds really yummy! I might have to make it this friday for Jakes sis and fiance :) Do you have a good italian dressing recipe? I don't really want to buy it.

Mrs.Wade said...

this sounds really yummy! I might have to make it this friday for Jakes sis and fiance :) Do you have a good italian dressing recipe? I don't really want to buy it.

Mikaela said...

I might have an italian dressing recipe in my new cookbook.. I'll check on it for you!