Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baked Chimichangas


We love this dish! From the Quick & Healthy Cookbook, it is again - quick and healthy! I really like to use my homemade yogurt recipe in this, which I'm really surprised I don't have posted on here already... that will be my weekend task - look for it!

Ingredients:
8- 6" flour tortillas (we use whole wheat)
1 1/2 c. cooked and cubed chicken
2 oz. grated low-fat cheese (we use cheddar)
3/4 c. salsa, thick and chunky (best when it's fresh, but your favorite will do!)
Spanish Yogurt Sauce:
1 c. nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 t. dried cilantro
1/4 t. cumin
1 t. dried parsley
1/2 c. salsa

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix chicken, cheese, and salsa. In a separate bowl, mix together ingredients for spanish yogurt sauce. Warm tortillas in microwave until pliable. Wet one side of them, and place wet side down on a plate or clean countertop. Spoon filling onto tortillas, and fold over to hold in filling. Spray baking dish with non-stick coating and place filled tortillas on baking dish. Pour sauce on top and bake for 15 minutes. We also like to add some extra cheese!

2 comments:

Krissas Blog said...

ohhhhh this is another yummy sounding meal that I will have to add to my menu!

Kelly said...

Just wanted to say... your blog makes my mouth water. I love your recipes!