Saturday, March 6, 2010

Easy Dinners

I had a request (YES, a REAL request!!) to post some easy dinner options. Soooo this is my attempt to comply with that request. The next handful of posts will all be some of our favorite, easy dinners. Also, quite a few of my previous posts fall into the easy dinner category: not-yo-mamas-nachos, Bow tie Pasta and Brussels Sprouts, One-Pot Spaghetti, Slow Cooker Lentils and Chicken, Paprika Chicken, Tomato Mozzarella Casserole, Beef Stroganoff, Pasta Seashell Casserole, and Chicken Curry.

Here are some keys to EASY dinners:

* a 9"x13" pan. Anything that can be made in one is most likely easy... assemble and pop in the oven!
* 1 bowl/pot. If you can mix everything in one container, it's awesome. Less mixing, less clean up.
* Substituable. Okay, I just made up that word... what I mean is if you don't have one of the ingredients, it's pretty easy to just throw in something similar in content, texture, or taste and still have the dish turn out good.
* Cans. Canned vegetables are great. so are frozen ones. try to stay away from too many extra preservatives, but don't underestimate the power of a canned good.

I'm sure there are more, but that's my list for now. And now, please welcome... the easy dinner recipes.

0 comments: