Sunday, March 6, 2011

Scone Bake-Off

I'm having a scone bake-off!! If you have any scone recipes you'd like to contribute, please leave a comment.  A co-worker of mine always asks for free scones at coffee shops, and always gets let down.  So, I thought I would provide some free scones for her, and the rest of the office.  However, a discussion came up about the texture of scones and how they can be really good or really bad.  So, I'm on a hunt to find the best recipe!  


The trick here is that I am choosing a variety of scones, which may be difficult to really compare to each other.  Nonetheless, these are the recipes that caught my eye...

These are the candidates:
Mega Scones (with blackberry jam and lemon glaze)
Test Kitchen Cream Scones (considering crystallized ginger as the add-in)
Test Kitchen Oatmeal Cream Scones
My 1938 Watkins Cookbook English Cream Scones
Peanut Butter Scones adapted from a vegan website (to un-veganize it!)

Look for the results in the coming days!

0 comments: