Friday, December 3, 2010

Healthy Fudge

No picture as I have not made this yet for the season... I've made this recipe for fudge a couple times, and while it is not quite as delicious as my Aunty Pam's fudge that I remember from childhood,  it's a close second.  My grandpa's wife requested that I post some "healthy" dessert recipes, so this is my attempt to start that trend... :) Here you go, Bea!


Recipe courtesy of http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/


Ingredients:

1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup coconut oil, divided (virgin unrefined coconut oil is recommended for its nutritional value), palm oil or butter
3/4 cup honey (raw honey is recommended again for its nutritional value)
Gently melt half of the coconut oil in a small saucepan. Allow too cool slightly. Place the remaining 1/2 cup solid coconut oil in your blender with the cocoa and honey. Carefully add the melted coconut oil and pulse a few times till smooth. Make sure not to over blend or else it can seperate. Line a bread pan with a layer of parchment paper or saran wrap. Carefully pour the fudge into the pan. Place in your refrigerator until solid, about 1 hour. Gently remove from pan and cut into squares. Makes about 12-15 squares. Store in refrigerator till ready to serve.

0 comments: